Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Breakfast Burritos!

We've all seen those commercials, with the guy trying to sell us something...Quick don't WAIT, as a bonus we'll throw in a magic erasing paint brush that can take paint off your walls! Wow that is grand I can take paint off my walls with just one sweep of this erasing paint brush!? I just can't say no now, I'll take it!


Well this is kinda how I look at my fiance Mikey,WAIT that's not all as a bonus he is an amazing cook Free of charge!!! Nice I'll take him:) One of my favorite breakfast dishes that Mikey makes is breakfast burritos. He got the idea out of his Men's Health magazine and since then he has perfected it to where he can cook it up in no time. Last weekend when he asked me what I wanted to have for breakfast, I of course said burritos!!



Items:
Ground Sausage (Jimmy Dean)
Potato
Spinach
Onion
Pablano pepper (if you don't want spicy go with a bell pepper)
Diced jalapenos (I just get the jar of these so I can always have them on hand)
Eggs
Cheddar Cheese
Tortilla Shells
Oil
2 skillets:)
-If you are only making this for 2 people then all you need is about 1/4 of the onion diced, half the pablano pepper diced, 1 large potato diced, half of the roll of ground sausage, 4 eggs, handful of spinach and cheddar, 1 spoonful of jalapenos(if wanted), and 2 tortilla shells.

1)In the first skillet brown up your sausage with the onions and peppers over medium heat, and sprinkle with salt, pepper. In the other skillet add enough oil to fry up your potatoes.  Turn the heat of the oil to medium high and once hot enough add in the potatoes.

2)When the sausage is cooked, drain and transfer to a bowl so that you can use the same skillet to scramble your eggs.

3)Once the potatoes have finished frying, scoop them out on paper towels to drain and wipe skillet clean. Then combine the potatoes and sausage mixture back into the skillet and put it on low heat to stay warm.


4) After you have scrambled your eggs, combine them to the other skillet as well.


5) Then grab a handful of spinach and mix in, and it will wilt enough from the heat of everything else.

6) Top the whole concoction with a handful of shredded cheddar and let it melt down a little bit. Then scoop everything into a heated tortilla shell (heat either in microwave or oven) and roll it up!

mmmmmm Time to enjoy!!!

Quick don't Wait another second! Save this recipe and make it TODAY! ...and I'll throw in Best Wishes as my bonus:)

ttyl~Misty

2 comments: