Wednesday, January 12, 2011

SNOW CREAM!

Snow Snow everywhere, why don't we just EAT IT?!!!!! Unless you have been living under a rock you have seen how the Southeast has been blessed with an abundance of snow! The kids out of school, and the adults who are really just kids at heart have gone wild with excitement! Yes there has been some complaining, but what can you expect from people who aren't use to snowy conditions and purposely live in the south for that reason. Combine icy roads with Crazy ATL drivers and traffic and you've got accidents galore! I was talking to my coworker this morning and she said that she watched on the news where a man was actually ice skating down one of the highways! How cool does that sound!! We are still waiting on salt trucks up here in alpharetta and north of us. I'm pretty sure they are all being used up in downtown ATL right now, oh well another home party day from me! Hey thanks to technology I've been able to work from home, so I'm good:) Right at this minute looking outside I see flurries coming down again!


I have been using facebook as a large entertainment source right now. Last night on my cousin Jennifer's profile she was talking about snow cream. I haven't had it in a long time, I remember my first time having it was at my brother's house in TN. It was really yummy!

There are all different ways you can make this, but the basic way is~
Take soft non yellow snow lol (pull off the hard ice layer to the soft snow underneath)
Stir in milk or evaporated milk if you have it, sugar, and vanilla!

People have all different types of measurements, I say do it to taste and consistency as you stir it together. Adding a lil bit of the ingredients at a time. As we all know vanilla is very potent so you only need a very small amount!! Then store the leftovers in the freezer in an air tight container.

I was unfortunately out of vanilla so I decided to use hot cocoa mix! You won't need too much sugar or any sugar since your using the cocoa mix. Add it in as you like. It was actually super yummy, could give a Wendy's frosty a run for it's money! I saw a lot of other yum ideas on Jennifer's wall too. Andrea suggested using flavored creamers, or adding pineapple. Mmmm wish I had some pineapple that sounds so YUM! Thanks for the ideas yall!

Stirring it together!


I call it Ice Hot Chocolate!:)


If you have too much snow around you, don't complain, just eat it!!!;)

TTYL~Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment