Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Witches Brew Dessert!

I had a festive Halloween dinner last friday night. I made some turkey chili, blackberry slush punch, taco cheese ball, and a delicious chocolate and cherry dessert that I am naming Witches Brew! I was so excited to come up with something festive for this years dessert. It is truly one of the easiest and tastiest things to throw together.
See the witches cauldron to the left of the punch bowl? That is dessert mmmmmm

Here is what you need...
-Plastic Witches Cauldron (I found mine at party city for like $2, wash it out before using PLEASE)
-Chocolate Pudding mix
-1 can of cherry pie filling
-1 tube of green icing (found mine at wal mart)
-Chocolate Cake or brownie mix (I used my classy chocolate pound cake mix that I ordered from www.tastefullysimple.com, which is also where I got the mix for the taco cheese ball, and blackberry slush. I have to say these mixes were amazing and helped me with time management!)

1) Bake up your cake/brownies, and prepare the chocolate pudding.
2) Once the pudding has set mix in almost the entire can of cherry pie filling, leaving a lil extra for the topping.
3) Cute up slices of cake and put a layer on the bottom of the cauldron, then put a layer of the pudding, and repeat till you have no cake left and leaving cake as the last layer that you do.
4) Then pipe out the green icing on top

5)Then take a rubber spatula and smooth out the icing, lettting some of the brown underneath show so that it gives it a murky soup look. Use the leftover cherries to throw on top randomly so that it looks a lil gory. 

Feel free to throw whatever else you want on top, maybe a hand popping out, gummy worms, etc it's all up to you. I liked mine just like this nothing extra needed:)

Mmmmmmm Enjoy!

ttyl~Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment