Monday, October 24, 2011

Taste of Atlanta

This weekend was such a beautiful one, with the sun shining and cool temperatures, it took everything I had to even enter a building! Thankfully Taste of Atlanta fell this past weekend so it was perfect to roam around downtown Atlanta.

I called up my bestie Gina and we dashed off to Tech Square to taste our lil hearts away! It was a great turn out and there were so many vendors that my 10 taste coupons went away so quickly, I think Gina stole them hmmmm.

I would have to say my favorite sample of the day was the Zucca from FIGO. It was a butternut squash and amaretto ravioli topped with a mascarpone and Italian red chicory radicchio sauce (yes I had to look that up to make sure I got it right for you). The butternut squash mixture was silky smooth with a hint of sweetness that was highlighted by the rich and creamy mascarpone cheese sauce.  Here is a link to their sight if you ever want to check them out http://www.figopasta.com/menu/ I could have walked away right then after that experience and been satisfied for the day, but there were many more flavorful experiences to be had so on we went.


The bbq from Williamson Brothers was soooooo good http://www.williamsonbros.com/


They had a smoker set up right at the venue so the aroma put you in a trance and you just had to grab some napkins and chow down on the smoky deliciousness.

Gina enjoying some bbq:)


I really can't keep track of all the places that we tasted but I have a couple more pictures to help capture the day...



What a great day it was to Taste Atlanta!

Hope yall have a great week

ttyl~Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment