Saturday, June 5, 2010

B-day Party




Hello Hello out there!!! It's been a while since I've been able to settle down and do a post. Busy Busy Busy! So one of my friends just had her birthday and I was so excited to host her party!! MY FAV THINGS IN THE WORLD TO DO!!! Happy Happy Birthday Robin! I did fiesta style food and had a build your own taco, quesadilla bar to the max! Since my Company I work for owns a cheese manufactory that sells Hispanic products to restaurants I was able to bring a block of our cheese home to make some yummy white cheese dip!! I had a ton of fun hosting and I was so delighted when I was told that I should cater, that is "MY DREAM!" I was pretty busy so I didn't get a chance to snap pics of all the food but I did take a picture of her B-day cupcakes! Enjoy!
CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY BURST CUPCAKES!
I started with your basic devils food cake mix from the store and icing. It is better to not get milk chocolate icing when dealing with strawberries, try and just pick out reg chocolate or dark, it helps balance out the taste better in my opinion. I melted down semi sweet chocolate chips to drizzle around the strawberries which actually had 2 functions. 1 It helps just add another layer of flavor, and 2 if the strawberries start juicing it helps contain the juice so it won't start flowing all over the cupcake causing a messy look. I took strawberries and cut straight across the bottom to remove the stems. Then you take your knife and make slits starting from the outside and working towards the middle, pushing back each slit and keeping the bottom in tack! You should try this out sometime it was super yummy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment