Monday, November 21, 2011

Spaghetti Squash

Mikey introduced me to spaghetti squash about 3 years ago and ever since then I have been hooked! So happily I made some the other night and it was as always delicious. I got the recipe from Mikey, who learned how to make it from his mother. His mom told me that she use to make it for diet purposes but her kids loved it, and she would just do hers with butter and Parmesan. There are all different ways of making it but this is how Mikey first made it for me, and since then it is the only way that I want it. It is very simple and an inexpensive meal:)

List:
Spaghetti Squash
Spaghetti Sauce
Shredded mozzarella
Butter
Pepper
Garlic Salt
Salt

1) Cut the squash in half, long ways. Remove pulp and seeds.

2) Cover a pan in tin foil (for easy clean up, not mandatory though) Place squash on pan and season with Garlic salt, salt, and pepper. Put about 3 pats of butter onto each side.


3) Bake at 375 for 45-55min. It should be easy to shred when its done.

4)Next shred both pieces using a fork....


5) Then re season and mix in spaghetti sauce and top with mozzarella.

 
6) Place the squash back into the oven and bake until the cheese browns. Once browned, dish up or eat it straight out of the shell! I always eat it right out of the shell, makes it funner:)


Enjoy!!!!!!!
 
 
ttyl~Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment