Sunday, January 9, 2011

MAGIC!

One big thing that I LOVE about my Mikey is that he is an awesome cook! When we first started dating we would do dates in the kitchen, and it would be a fun and harmonizing cooking time. Now 90% percent of the time it sounds like this~

"Mike don't put that much butter in there"

"Misty why are you using that kind of pot?"

"Don't you think that's enough salt?"

"JUST STOP, trust me I KNOW what I'm doing"

"I don't like my eggs like that!!"

"Fine then why don't you just do it yourself"

"GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN I'M COOKING!"

hahahaha That's what you get with two dominant personalities! For the other 10% of the time when we harmonize it is Magic! Tonight was one of those nights. I love when we don't really have a plan and just get creative and put a bunch of stuff together. Mike pulled out a few veggies from the freezer, carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower. He decided we should make some kind of casserole. He wanted to grill up some Chicken and make some rice to go with it. I looked in the fridge and we had a log of mozzarella and brie that I brought home from work. So I decide to make a cheese sauce out of that. We threw all the ingredients together and MAGIC! A yummy upgraded version on chicken and rice casserole.

How I make cheese sauce~ Equal parts butter and flour. You want a good amount of flour for thickness so that the cheese will adhere and not melt together into a lump, maybe about 3 tbsp. Melt the butter down over low heat, then add in the flour. Start adding in the milk slowly to the amount that you need of sauce, maybe about 3 cups total? I don't know I normally just do things as I see them. Then bring the skillet up to a boil over medium heat while stirring continuously. After the sauce thickens and it can coat the back of your spoon start adding in pre shredded cheese a lil bit at a time. I added in minced garlic, salt, pepper, and diced onion into the sauce too mmmmmm.

I loved the Brie and Mozzarella combination! Hope you all Had a fabulous weekend!

TTYL~Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment