Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Green Smoothie!

I have been reading every where about the new Green Smoothie Addiction. So a couple of weeks ago I had to of course try it for myself. You can make them all different ways with one key ingredient: Spinach! This is a great way to get the much needed energy packed veggie in your life.

Here is how I make mine:
-Chopped up frozen mango (mango is a low in sugar fruit, less sugar in your diet the better)
-Banana
-OJ about a cup add a lil more if you need it. (I used Tropicana 50% less sugar OJ)
-Ice
-Big handful of spinach.
-Couple of Scoops of yogurt (I used one strawberry banana flavored yogurt in this one, now I just buy the tub of it)


Then start the blender process and end up with a delicious Green smoothie...


I actually crave these now, they are really so good and you can not even taste the spinach. My roommate loved it, and then I made my sister and brother in law try them. The thought of spinach was not so great in my sisters mind and I literally had to force her to try it, as in having to force the spoon of it in her mouth. I may have traumatized her with her first Green Smoothie in counter but I made a believer out of her and she really liked it too.

Green Smoothie Mission Complete:)

Try one out for yourself, if I have to I'll get my force spoons ready!

ttyl~Misty


No comments:

Post a Comment